Thanks for visiting!

www.citybytheseaceramics.com




Friday, May 20, 2011

adjusting etsy listings...too much?

Hi folks!


I've been working on adjusting some descriptions of etsy listings. I like the changes, but can't decide if I'm laying it on just a bit too thick....what do you think? 


before: 
Enjoy your morning coffee even more when you have a new favorite mug. These stoneware mugs were thrown on a wheel and textured with rope. The exterior was glazed with a rich brown shade and the interior was glazed with a glossy sky blue color. The mug's neck and the handle's dimples are perfect for fidgeting with, and the smooth handle's curve is a comfy fit for fingers. The mugs are also available individually, look for the listing in my Etsy shop. They're also fun to pair with my mugs that are brown on the outside and green inside. The mugs are safe for your drink, food, microwave, and dishwasher. They stand about 4" high.
after:
Enjoy your morning coffee even more when you get extra cozy with a new favorite mug that fits in the nooks and crannies of your hand just perfectly. I hear it all the time: these handles are extra comfortable. The curves fit your fingers just right, no matter the size, and allow for a  few fingers to wrap inside the loop, making sure there's no fumbling about. Pair the curvy handle with dimples at the attachments, rope texture, and the angled shape of the mug's neck and your fingers are bound to linger a bit beyond your sip, luxuriating in a moment of tactile pleasure. Oh my.  
These stoneware handmade mugs were thrown on a wheel and textured with rope, the oldest known form of surface decoration on pottery, around the majority of the exterior, the lip left smooth for easy, dribble free drinking. Then I glazed the exterior with a rich brown shade, and the interior was glazed with a glossy sky blue color, modern adaptations of the classic tenmoku and celadon glazes of Asia. After that I loaded them up into the kiln and fired them up to roughly 2200° F 
The mugs stand about 4" high, offering plenty of space to fill with your favorite beverage.
No one needs more work, so it'll be easy living with these dishwasher and microwave safe mugs. And they are definitely safe for your food and drink! 
Please understand that the mugs you receive may not be these exact mugs, but I promise they will remain true to the work pictured. Pretty much, you'll enjoy what you receive unless you just really loved the way the handle crested over 1/16" of that line of rope texture. Handmade, ya hear?
Shipping, ugh, what a bummer. It's not just you, I'm not happy about how expensive it is either. USPS, UPS, FedEx, none of them are cheap. What I can offer you is 1) if you convo me your zip code I'll see if I can get a more exact, and hopefully lower, rate 2) if the shipping cost listed is more than $1 difference from the actual, I'll refund the difference 3) I can promise that all shipping materials are used (but clean!) to both keep down costs and help mama earth. I hope this helps! 
The mugs are also available individually, look for the listing in my Etsy shop. http://www.etsy.com/listing/70809284/brown-and-blue-mug 
They're also fun to pair with my mugs that are brown on the outside and green inside. http://www.etsy.com/listing/70793293/brown-and-green-mug 
See what else I'm offering up in my etsy shop!http://www.etsy.com/shop/Citybytheseaceramics 
Find me elsewhere around the web:http://www.citybytheseaceramics.com/http://www.facebook.com/CityByTheSeaCeramicsKarenMahoneytwitter: @cityseaceramicshttp://www.etsy.com/shop/citybytheseaceramics

No comments: