Thanks for visiting!

www.citybytheseaceramics.com




Monday, January 23, 2012

Mason Jar Scrubs


My friend Tori had her birthday last week and I wanted to make her something awesome. I've been on Pinterest for about a week now and my "crafty" and "yum" boards show an obvious current obsession with mason jars.

I picked up this theme and ran with it making her 6 jars of various bath salts, facial scrubs, foot scrubs and hand scrubs in jars I grabbed from the grocery store. I had printed a pattern onto some sticky paper and colored it in, making a nice decorative sticker for the top of the jar, and wrapped some raffia around too.

Here are the recipes I used or based my products on: Foot Scrub, Mud Scrub, Bath Salts, Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub, and Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub.

I had some really nice scented oils around, so I decided to use those scents instead of a few of the suggested ones, but I did keep a few true to the recipe. I was really happy with all of the products, though I do wish my lavender vanilla foot scrub looked more purple and less gray.

I think I'm going to make a jar to keep next to the sink at the studio. They are really nice to keep your hands moisturized, something potters always need help with.

No comments: