Thanks for visiting!

www.citybytheseaceramics.com




Thursday, January 05, 2012

More sawdust pots

New sawdust fired cup, wild fern image
My google analytics tell me that my sawdust fired pots have been getting a LOT of attention lately. I had a few that I've been carting around to shows and decided now was a good time to finally get them posted on Etsy. Most of them have leaf patterns fired on them, something I have been struggling to duplicate since my beginner's luck. The first time I tried for leaf images my firing was very kind to me, producing a piece that was my first work to be published. The firing of the newer pieces I just posted went well, showing leaf patterns on all but a few pots. Still, none have the incredible quality of detail like the very first one.
Vase from first leaf sawdust firing. You can see veins and holes in the leaves.

Pin It

No comments: