Thanks for visiting!

www.citybytheseaceramics.com




Thursday, January 12, 2012

People Perfect for Rope Texture


I use a few different braid styles of rope in my work for texture, but I have a favorite that is on the majority of it. The pattern is very common, the standard 'individual strings twisted together' kind of cord. I'm sure there's a name for it, but I sure don't know it. I was thinking how since it's such a common style that it could be perfect for certain folks! (I say folks a lot. I think it was all my years in Wyoming that did it.)

1. Knitters
The twisted pattern of the rope is the same as yarn and how it is spun. The pattern seems even more appropriate on my yarn bowls, don't  you think?

2. Boating Enthusiasts
Or just people who like to boat. Nautical rope is also the same pattern as my rope. I think some white rope textured items would be perfect for the sea people!

3. Cowboys
I haven't seen many wandering around since I left the Rocky Mountain region, but they're out there. Lasso rope! Need I say more? Okay. Mugs in a deep brown or other earthy, rugged shade.

So if you don't know what to get your difficult to shop for relatives (crazy knitting Aunt Bonny, Uncle Andy who likes to get his knot on, and the cousins out at the ranch), now you at least have a place to start!

Who else would be perfect?

Pin It

No comments: