Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Learning to crochet

This week there were two knitting workshops for Boston Handmade members hosted by Diane Ivey, a local yarn spinner, dyer, knitter, and member of the group. One of the workshops she hosted at her home and the other we met at JP Knit and Stitch. It's a super cute store and it was my first time in. They're in the middle of an anniversary sale and there's all sorts of great yarns marked down. I also browsed their fabric and there was one with pots on it! I'm a sucker for anything with pots on it, so I feel a sewing project with a bit of this fabric is in my future.

I had a few questions about some knitting projects but I asked Diane to help me learn some crocheting so she showed me a few stitches to get me started. It's a very different feel from knitting and I'm still getting used to it. It seems like the same issue as when I began to knit, that I just can't seem to find a comfortable and efficient way to hold and move my hands, but it'll come with some practice. Crocheting is sort of strange though, in some ways I feel like it's easier than knitting and in some way harder. We'll see how I feel about it as I progress, but right know I think I like knitting better. As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: