Thanks for visiting!

www.citybytheseaceramics.com




Thursday, April 19, 2012

purchases that benefit others


I want to share a couple of opportunities to make a purchase that helps others. The first I came across last night and I am so excited to find. As soon as my season starts up and I have a few sales under my belt, I'll be making a purchase. There are two different shirts available for $40 that benefit the rebuilding of the Hamada Museum in Mashiko, Japan. It was destroyed in the earthquakes last year, and as I've discussed in the past, the destruction in this town has particular meaning to me. I love the designs on these t's and can't wait to grab them. 

The other is this Friday in Cambridge. Team Eileen is hosting the event Craft @52 Oxford on the Harvard Campus from 3-7pm. I'm participating as one of the vendors and 40% of all sales are donated towards cancer research. Their Facebook page explains, "In 2011, Eileen Snow, a long-time member of the Harvard Biological Laboratory staff, was diagnosed with breast cancer. A group of her colleagues and business partners from Harvard were inspired by her to raise funds for cancer research as Team Eileen by signing on to participate in the 60-mile, 3 day walk against breast cancer – the Susan G. Komen 3-day for the Cure. Last year Team Eileen placed third overall in just their first year of fundraising for the 3-day walk. This year, we hope to improve upon that achievement and to raise even more. Our fund raising efforts will go towards the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute"

No comments: