Thanks for visiting!

www.citybytheseaceramics.com




Saturday, June 23, 2012

Keeping the pottery studio floor clean


I recently blogged about my new studio and the flooring I put down to help control clay dust. In addition to this and maintaining the cleanest environment I've ever worked in, I found a great way to clean my floors without kicking up dust from sweeping before mopping. The old Swiffer Sweeper! I bought it and the dry cloths do a good job at grabbing dust on the floor, though it can leave some of the larger clay chunks for me to pick up by hand. After I use the dry cloth on the floor I swap it out for a wet cloth and do a quick mop job. It has left the studio floor clean and free of any dust from the pottery studio. Vigilance will be key in maintaining a spotless environment, but if that's what it takes to get me a home studio, I'm happy to do it.

1 comment:

Lori Buff said...

Good thinking. Anything to remove the clay dust without sending it into the air is a good idea. Sweeping can be just as dangerous to our lungs than not sweeping!